Software Engineer, Backend
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The Engineering team is responsible for building innovative features and resilient systems that bring people together. We're always experimenting with new features to engage with our members. Although we are a high-scale tech company, the member-to-engineer ratio is very high—making the level of impact each engineer gets to have at Tinder enormous.
Where You'll Work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a collaborative team on building new and exciting technologies
- Build impactful and possibly open-source development tools using cloud-native technologies
- Solve fun and complex problems around microservice architectures and cloud development
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Ability to write code in Python, Golang or Java
- Open to on-call rotations
Nice to have:
- Experience with Typescript or Node.js
- Experience with Cloud Services, Distributed DB (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for best practices
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period)
- 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei