Sr. Associate, Tax Planning & Controversy
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
The Senior Associate, Tax Planning & Controversy will assist with the preparation, planning, execution and management of Match Group’s global tax strategy, monitoring business initiatives for downstream tax effects, implementing and supporting transfer pricing policies and documentation, and preparing analysis and leading on-going or anticipated tax controversy.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office 3 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- Support tax team with planning strategies to help create operational efficiencies, minimize the company's financial tax rate, reduce tax impact in P&L and reduce its cash tax expense
- Support corporate M&A activities, including diligence, acquisition integration, transfer pricing policy integration and legal entity and IP integration
- Interact with business and legal teams within the organization to provide tax advice and identify tax planning opportunities resulting from changes in business processes or operations
- Work closely with the legal team to assist in corporate governance efforts to maintain positions in foreign jurisdictions
- Monitor the effectiveness of tax policies, tax practices and processes to determine efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver improved results
- Support VP, Tax Planning & Controversy on various worldwide tax projects, including analyzing relevant tax law for tax planning transactions, working with foreign and US tax advisors to understand relevant tax rules
- Support the VP, Corporate Tax & Reporting to ensure that all aspects of Tax Planning are accurately reflected in the financial statements, integrated into compliance processes and comply with SOX documentation and process requirements
- Work on the completion of transfer pricing policies, calculations, documentation and review of transfer pricing reports, in addition to organizational planning
- Develop effective working relationships with Match Group’s external service providers to ensure delivery of a high-quality work product
- Support tax team with Federal, State, and international income tax audits
- Directly support the VP, Tax Planning & Controversy by learning the Match Group business practices, financial statement metrics and blocking and tackling issues as they arise
We could be a match if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 2+ years of corporate or international tax experience, preferably with knowledge of TCJA, GILTI and FDII
- You have a Masters in Tax and a CPA
- You have a proven track record in leading international tax planning and structuring projects including intercompany financing, corporate acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations, operational initiatives and other corporate-led projects
- You are a creative-thinking individual
- You demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate to meet shared goals with key internal stakeholders across business functions including: Legal, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Strategy, Brand management and Product Development
- You have excellent writing and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization and can nimbly adapt your messaging to various audiences both internally and externally
- You have a proven track record of project management and organization skills as well as multitasking capabilities, including the ability to prioritize work, identify roadblocks and seek assistance when needed
What's the team like?
- In this role you will report to the VP, Tax Planning & Controversy
- The team is incredibly collaborative and resourceful both within the tax department and with cross-department stakeholders (product, business development, legal, treasury, accounting, and human resources)
- Senior Associates who succeed on this team are detail-oriented, broad thinkers, able to work in a fast-paced environment, ready to roll their sleeves up and get to work, thrive in a team environment and are able to identify, understand and solve problems, say yes to new challenges, execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and prioritize continuing education
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.