Sr. Director, Program Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
As Tinder continues to grow through compelling product experiences that support the member experience, there is an increasing need to redefine how we work and manage these sophisticated projects. The Sr. Director of Program Management owns our product development framework and programs and a team of Program Managers that enable/support teams to deliver operational excellence.
In this role, you will implement a continuous improvement framework for our current and new product initiatives globally while introducing processes and oversight on complex initiatives that will allow Tinder to continue scaling! This critical role helps Tinder identify risks, opportunities, and cross dependencies that span the entire product organization, “bridging the gaps” by consistently reporting project and program health. The successful candidate will drive accountability, alignment, and prioritization on our product roadmap and support the product leaders and executive team in identifying blockers and risks that need to be addressed.
Where you'll work: This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and develop a centralized program management function by working across various functions to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes.
- Lead program management at Tinder: leverage best practices that define our operating model across Design, Product, Engineering, and Analytics. Operationalize this model through appropriate check-ins and other tools to drive alignment.
- Lead the Project Management team in managing deliverables, influencing roadmap priorities and features across multiple departments.
- Communicate the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to partners.
- Define OKRs and maintain metrics (health) for all programs, breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the quarterly plan.
- Create a unified initiative roadmap across all teams while owning the overall usage and adherence to designated project management tools.
- Define program requirements to help teams meet goals, accelerating progress by driving timely decisions, clearing blockers, and making trade-offs.
- Identify functional and technical requirements, collecting inputs from product and technical teams to improve the transparency of roadmap status across the organization.
- Provide vision, leadership, and mentorship for the development of the program management function across our product teams.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Product Management, Project Management, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping and supporting consumer technology products at scale.
- 10+ years of technical project management/delivery leadership experience.
- Expertise in software development, infrastructure, and live operations managementUnderstanding of change management frameworks and project management methodologies.
- Ability to quickly build a rich understanding of various partner priorities to synthesize a set of service and program constructs to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and partnering skills working across disciplines and teams.
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei