Product Manager, Premium Experiences
West Hollywood, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
We’re looking for a new product manager to join our world class revenue team at Tinder. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to bring exceptional paid features to millions of users globally. As Product Manager, Premium Experiences, you’ll be responsible for identifying revenue and growth opportunities as well as driving and delivering on our product roadmap. More specifically in this role, you’ll have a direct impact on expanding and optimizing both our subscription and a la carte feature set to provide users with new and better ways to maximize their chances of sparking a connection on Tinder. This role will work with our Core Product team to drive the future of Tinder as well as optimize existing user flows in collaboration with engineering, marketing, design, content, data science, and other stakeholders.
Where You'll Work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with cross functional stakeholders to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses and implement new features that result in revenue growth
- Clearly communicate experiment roadmap, hypotheses, and learnings to peers, manager, and cross functional stakeholders
- Write clear product specifications for features, lead initiative implementation, identify and triage any potential issues that may come up
- Develop a grasp of Tinder’s analytics tools, independently assess a feature and recommend how to improve it based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Articulate how your projects goals align with broader company and product strategy + make recommendations on how to better achieve those goals in a forward looking roadmap
- Effectively integrate stakeholder feedback into ongoing and upcoming initiatives
- Make strategic and data-based decisions about trade-offs for specific features, balance scope with quality, and communicate to various audiences, from teammates to executives.
- Learn the dynamics of the Tinder ecosystem, understand the psychology of our users, and identify their product needs.
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment
- Analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable engaging with existing dashboards or pulling your own data in SQL.
- Steadfast: You roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to make things successful
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into practical plans
- Naturally curious: you dive into any available information and use those learnings to inform your decisions
- Strong communicator: collaborator who loves to share findings and actionable insights and can be well understood by an audience with different levels of knowledge and seniority
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of product management in a fast-growing consumer tech company
- The expertise to assess the impact of a feature not only on end-users but also the platform it’s being built for
- Strong product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- The ability to think globally
- Experience working on consumer mobile apps, mobile games, or mobile subscription business experience is a bonus
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
- Access to mental health resources
- Fertility preservation benefits
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei