Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning & Algorithms
Software Engineering, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Hinge is seeking a versatile data scientist to work on anti-fraud and anti-abuse initiatives in our Trust, Safety, and Support (TSS) product group. You will work with a team of data scientists, data analysts, and machine learning engineers to build robust and scalable solutions to keep our users safe.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, and engineers to develop and deploy data-driven solutions to mitigate the impact of bad actors
- Use a combination of exploratory analysis and data mining techniques to generate actionable insights about bad actor attributes and behaviors
- Assist in the identification and prioritization of projects aimed at reducing harm on Hinge
- Communicate effectively to audiences of various technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Apply statistical inference to draw rigorous conclusions from data
- Contribute to a culture of empathy and technical excellence
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience as data scientist/machine learning engineer
- 2+ years of experience in applying machine learning models in an industry setting
- 1+ year experience conducting (near) real-time natural language processing (NLP) and text analysis
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks
- Superb communication skills
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to balance rigor with practicality
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?