Data Scientist III, User Safety
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Hinge is seeking a versatile data scientist to work on product development initiatives within our Trust, Safety, and Support (TSS) team. From assessing opportunities and results through analytical techniques to developing and conducting A/B tests to applying data mining techniques to uncover important trends, you will take on a central and multi-faceted role in the product development process. As a result, your work will strongly impact the solutions we leverage to keep our users safe.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, and engineers to develop and iterate on product features
- Translate product objectives to data science problems and vice versa
- Apply statistical inference to draw rigorous conclusions from data, especially through designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Use a combination of exploratory analysis and data mining techniques to generate actionable insights towards keeping our users physically and psychologically safe
- Assist in the identification and prioritization of projects aimed at reducing harm on Hinge
- Contribute to a culture of empathy and technical excellence
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as data scientist
- 1+ years of experience in product analytics (A/B testing)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and A/B testing
- Experience with machine learning
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python
- Exposure to engineering best practicesSuperb communication skills
- Ability to balance rigor with practicality
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?