Senior Android Engineer (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
The League is the newest addition to the Match Group portfolio. The League was created for ambitious, career-focused singles looking for a long-term relationship. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
As an Android engineer at The League, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of The League App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
This is a remote position. We will consider candidates across the US.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the The League App using the latest technologies
- Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally as well as the product and design team(s) to influence the roadmap and product development of The League App and services
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience building native Android applications using Kotlin in a professional environment
- Knowledge of popular architecture patterns such as MVVM, Clean and/or MVI
- Understanding of the Android lifecycle for Activities & Fragments
- Experience using RecyclerView to create lists
- Experience building user-facing features with modern Android UI tools, such as view binding or jetpack compose
- Proficiency writing your own unit tests
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of A/B testing tools (Firebase/Leanplum etc.)
- Comfortable with refactoring legacy code from Java to Kotlin
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection frameworks such as Dagger
- Proficient in RxJava and kotlin coroutines/flow
- Experience creating custom views
- Experience creating custom animations that bring your views to life using SDK tools like Animator and MotionLayout
- A BS or MS in Computer Science is not required; an understanding of fundamental engineering principles such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms is what matters
Why The League?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?