Software Engineering, Data Science
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
The Engineering team is responsible for building innovative features and resilient systems that bring people together. We're always experimenting with new features to engage with our members. Although we are a high-scale tech company, the member-to-engineer ratio is very high—making the level of impact each engineer gets to have at Tinder enormous.
As a data engineer (contract) working on Tinder’s Experimentation Platform, you will design and build critical analytical pipelines at massive scale and develop self-serve technologies to enable a large number of A/B or multivariate experiments running in production. You will have tons of responsibility, freedom, and opportunity to have a direct and immediate impact on exploring new ideas to drive user satisfaction and company growth. You will help Tinder to evolve relentlessly through rapid iterations on product features, revenue, user growth and advanced matching algorithms. We would love to talk to you if you are interested in helping Tinder users achieve stronger matches, engage more effectively, and create more love, at a truly global scale.
In this role, you will:
- Support and improve existing experimentation analytics pipelines and systems in production
- Design and develop new data pipelines and streaming processes that are highly available, scalable, and reliable
- Maintain and evolve dimensional data models and schema designs to improve performance efficiency
- Scale the self-serve experimentation platform to drive product innovations in over 190 countries
- Partner with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to define experimentation standards, guidelines and best practices
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems
- 2+ years programming experience in Scala, Java or Python
- Experience working with Hadoop, Spark or ElasticSearch
- Experience with NoSQL or RDBMS platforms - DynamoDB, MySQL, Redis, or Postgres
- Experience with streaming platforms - Apache Kafka/Flink/Beam or Aws Kinesis
- Experience with batch processing orchestration tools like airflow/luigi
- Experience with developing and maintaining cloud technologies
Nice to have:
- Architecture experience, specifically in Amazon Web Services
- BS/ MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Exposure to analytics, statistics, or A/B Multivariate testing
Commitment to InclusionAt Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?