Staff Application Security Engineer (Remote)
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
We are looking for an experienced, Staff Application Security Engineer to help us ensure the highest standard of security for Match Group products and our members across the world. You will lead collaborations across various teams to develop, design and execute security priorities that directly impact all of Match Group's user-facing platforms.
We’re based in Dallas, TX, NYC, and LA, however, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Application Security, providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams
- Design and lead the implementation of SDLC practices including code reviews, static/dynamic code analysis and vulnerability assessments
- Maintain awareness of known vulnerabilities in application technologies used within Match Group
- Lead research into suspected application vulnerabilities
- Lead efforts around secure development training for our Engineers
What you'll need:
- Prior experience securing large-scale web/mobile applications, including performing security code reviews, vulnerability assessments, and manual testing for logic flaws
- Familiarity with dynamic and static application security tools
- Experience performing thorough threat modeling of web applications
- The ability to effectively partner and communicate with Engineering and Product teams
Nice to haves:
- 3 or more years application security and/or development experience
- Experience assessing Node.js, Java, React, iOS and/or Android
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?