Sr. Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• One Team, One Dream: We work hand-in-hand, building Tinder for our members. We succeed together when we work collaboratively across functions, teams, and time zones, and think outside the box to achieve our company vision and mission.
• Own It: We take accountability and strive to make a positive impact in all aspects of our business, through ownership, innovation, and a commitment to excellence.
• Never Stop Learning: We cultivate a culture where it’s safe to take risks. We seek out input, share honest feedback, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes in order to continue improving.
• Spark Solutions: We’re problem solvers, focusing on how to best move forward when faced with obstacles. We don’t dwell on the past or on the issues at hand, but instead look at how to stay agile and overcome hurdles to achieve our goals.
• Embrace Our Differences: We are intentional about building a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members. By leveraging different perspectives and other ways of thinking, we build better experiences for our members and our team.
Our Product Managers help drive the vision and development of products and product solutions from conception to launch. Our team works on consumer-facing features and platform-level investments to deliver first class core user experience that meets Tinder’s business goals.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Trust Integrity team. On this team, you will have the opportunity to build effective and scalable technologies to reduce online abuse, support safe product development efforts, and enable safer experiences for millions of users globally on Tinder.
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of detection and moderation tools roadmap
- Work with the Group Product Manager and engineering leads to create a strategy for reducing bad actors and bad behavior on the Tinder platform
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Tinder - Product, Design, Operations, Legal, and Policy teams to make strategic technology bets that allow us to ensure that any inauthentic, disrespectful, or unsafe behavior is detected and remediated quickly and effectively as possible
- Work with Member Experience team to identify, scope, and complete designing and building internal moderation tools aimed at keeping our members safe
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain consensus, work with Analytics to track results, and communicate progress to key team members
- Build project plans, identify risks, create mitigation plans and make thoughtful technical and design trade-offs to achieve key objectives
- Work with Machine Learning engineers to demonstrate new signals to detect policy violations
- Minimum of 5+ years of product management experience
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Experience working on a full-cycle product roadmap from inception to launch
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects with multiple milestones
- Conviction to be an advocate for the Tinder user’s safety
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
Nice to have:
- Background in Trust & Safety
- Experience working with ML engineering teams
- Experience with content / user moderation teams
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei