Senior Product Designer, Growth
Product, Design, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Hinge is hiring a Senior Product Designer on the Growth team. You will be empowered to take initiative on end-to-end design projects including getting alignment on design objectives and priorities with key stakeholders. The Growth Product Group is responsible for defining the new user experience for millions of daters, expanding Hinge to serve new geographic and demographic audiences, monetization, and implementing the design vision for lifecycle messaging including all email, in-app, and push notifications.
Design at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of designers and work closely with Research, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to craft innovative experiences combined with best-in-class practices in this space. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the VP of Design.
As designers at Hinge, we aspire to craft elegant experiences through intuitive and beautiful interfaces. We measure success not only by metrics, but by the fulfillment of the promise we make to our users: deletion.
- Take ownership and work independently on a few projects at a time across multiple areas of the app.
- Design incredibly polished work that represents the Hinge brand and product experience through visual comps, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and presentations.
- Rapidly iterate and refine design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify key design hypotheses and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Communicate design decisions in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through high-fidelity prototypes and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside your product and research peers.
- Be comfortable exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
- Engage in and inspire honest and clear communication, promoting a culture of care, empathy, and respect.
- 5+ years of product design, UI/UX design, visual design, or equivalent experience including 2-3 years in a consumer-facing product design role in the mobile space.
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and experience in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Portfolio that demonstrates evidence of launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization across multiple markets.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things about complex technology, cultural and demographic nuances, and their impact on various user experiences.
- Experience with monetization, subscription services or commerce is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, yet also crave healthy feedback loops with your ideas.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, articulating high-level team goals and connecting your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a proven track record of working within and contributing to a design system.
- Experience working with consumer research and data.
- Proficient in Figma, including high-fidelity prototyping and component libraries.
- Passionate and curious about how design can be leveraged to improve users’ ability to find and maintain romantic connections.
What is not Required
- You do not have to have an advanced degree to apply; we are open to equivalent practical experiences.
- You do not have to be an expert in algorithmic or machine-learning methodologies to apply. Expertise in design craft and product thinking, desire to create solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.
The salary range for this position is $159,500 - $191,250. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?