Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
- The Engineering team is responsible for building innovative features and resilient systems that bring people together. We're always experimenting with new features to engage with our members. Although we are a high-scale tech company, the member-to-engineer ratio is very high—making the level of impact each engineer gets to have at Tinder enormous.
- As a Web engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the progressive web app and other web projects across the company. We are a small but growing team using modern web technologies to build high quality, performant, and accessible products for our members.
In this role, you will:
- Help build initiatives that impact the product and team roadmaps
- Help lead all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Develop exciting new features and help the team scale to meet our fast-growing user base and global audience
- Improve user engagement, retention and drive connections
- Collaborate with various technical and functional teams across our company
- Gain exposure to terabytes of data including billions of swipes every day
- Build highly reliable software solutions
- 5+ years of experience working with browser APIs and front-end developer tools such as Webpack, babel, Jest, Cypress, React Storybook, etc
- Experience collaborating with product owners, designers and other specialists to build rich end-to-end user experiences
- Experience analyzing and optimizing web application performance
- Strong communication skills and a passion to solve unique and ambitious problems
- An advocate for good code quality and best engineering practices
Commitment to Inclusion
- At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?