Full Stack Engineer III, Safety & Support Tooling
Software Engineering, Customer Service
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Hinge is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join the Safety & Support Tooling team (an internal tools team that is part of our Trust & Safety organization).
As the newest member, we are looking for someone to help us design and build our internally facing UI in React, APIs and backend services in Go. You will be on a cross-disciplinary team including other engineers, QA, Data engineer, and product manager where you will lead development of new features and improve the quality and reliability of our services.
Support & Safety Tooling maintains the UI and APIs that power our internal tools and enable our Operation team to:
-Manage users on our platform
-Help and protect our users’ privacy and legal rights
-Remove and prevent bad actors (users who scam or harass other users, or otherwise violate our terms of service)
-Serve and attract good users
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build features.
- Build tooling and user interfaces for our web app to support managing users on our platform.
- Design and build backend systems with an emphasis on quality and scalability.
- Own complex projects end-to-end and effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Work in a cloud-native tech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Go web services, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, React.
- Be a thought partner for team strategy and technical direction.
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
- Participate in our backend on-call rotations (1 week every ~6 weeks)
What We're Looking For:
- You have 4+ years of experience in software development building APIs and UIs
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have worked with at least one message or event-based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of Go and React preferred but not required
- You’re adept at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?