Staff iOS Engineer, Mobile Platforms
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
As a Mobile Platforms engineer you will help guide our growing team and be a leading voice in our developing Platforms group. You will help plan and carry out initiatives to improve developer experience and efficiency while coordinating with teams across the company to ensure that everyone is making the best use of available tooling.
The Mobile Platforms team makes it easier and faster to iterate in our app. We are helping break up the mobile monolith then will own shared services, packages & repos in addition to keeping an eye on overall app and architectural health. One iOS and one Android engineer will work with the Development Pipeline team through a rotation as build work necessitates. The team is staffed with a mixture of experienced employees and open roles.
- Translating feature team pain-points into initiatives that improve developer experience and increasing velocity
- Be responsible for making our platform more reliable, observable, and automated while maintaining forward thinking flexibility.
- Help define, communicate and teach best practices to broader iOS team
- Maintain and extend functionality of shared services
- Provide code review for peers within the team and beyond
What We're Looking For:
- You have 5+ years experience in mobile software development including shepherding design and delivery of multiple large-scale distributed applications
- You are passionate about building a positive team culture
- You are constantly learning and re-evaluating previous assumptions.
- You value repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity.
- You can clearly communicate and advocate for engineering priorities with internal and external stakeholders
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.