Join our Talent Community as an Online Behavioral Health Coach!
Join our Coach Talent Community to express interest in future coach role openings as well as to receive communication from Headspace Health (formerly Ginger) to stay up to date on new initiatives, webinars, job openings, and more! You can expect to hear from us about once a month in your inbox. In the meantime, check out this page to learn more about what it is like to be part of the Headspace Health care team.
Thank you in advance for providing your information. Though we are not currently interviewing for coaches, when a role becomes available this information can help us assess your background for future roles and fast track your application.
About the Online Behavioral Health Coach Role
As a Coach at Headspace Health (doing business as Ginger), you play an instrumental role in making the Ginger mission a reality. You will help people adapt to living healthier lives by discovering their personal strengths, motivations, and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. Coaches have regular touchpoints w/ their members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate on-going progress.
Coaches are an integral part of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical and/or coaching experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to a higher level of care, such as Therapy and/or Psychiatry, or other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce progress, as appropriate.
Ginger coaching is delivered entirely through text-based-chat within the Ginger app. This means as a Ginger coach you’ll be providing services through the use of a computer and with a strong ability to translate your skillset into writing. In addition to coaching our members, you’ll also take advantage of weekly team meetings and process groups, as well as 1:1 supervision. As an integral part of Ginger, you’ll be invited to participate in a bi-annual company event to foster growth, enhance your skills and work side by side with your colleagues to fulfill the mission of our company.
Ginger coaches are ready to be part of a community working collaboratively to bring greater mental health access to the world.
- We provide 24/7 support to our members, this means coaches are assigned to work up to 5 holidays per year.
- We are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role or individuals 12 months from receiving licensure. Additionally, we are also unable to provide any type of clinical supervision towards licensure.
- We are unable to employ candidates residing outside of the US. Due to the nature of healthcare services provided to our customers, partners and members, all work must be provided in the U.S. Data, specifically personal health information may not be accessed, disclosed or used outside of the U.S. Please note that the U.S. is limited to the 50 states of the United States -- it does not include U.S. territories like Puerto Rico.
- Ginger also provides support to French or Spanish speaking members and has bilingual French/English and Spanish/English speaking coaches on it’s team. If you are interested in being a bilingual coach you will be required to provide text-based coaching to members in both languages, depending on member demand and scheduling. Although bilingual coaches are being hired to support the French Program or Spanish Program, due to high demand, they will be called on to provide regular coaching to our English- speaking general audience as well
Shifts Our Coaches Work
- B1: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET)
- B2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET)
- B3: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET)
- C1: Wednesday & Thursday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET) AND Saturday & Sunday 6am - 4pm PT (9am - 7pm ET)
- C2: Monday & Tuesday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET) AND Saturday & Sunday 6am - 4pm PT (9am - 7pm ET)
- D1: Wednesday through Saturday 10pm - 8am PT (1am - 11am ET)
- D2: Sunday through Wednesday 10pm - 8am PT (1am - 11am ET)
- Carry a full, active caseload of members and complete intakes of new members
- Attend and respond to multiple tasks, situations and responsibilities simultaneously throughout your shift
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork (I.e. assessments, care plans, daily notes and other required paperwork)
- Excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Collaborate through notes with member's Clinical Team to collaborate on their care plan
- Coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Assess risk in the moment with members using the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), taking the appropriate next steps and escalating care as needed.
As a Ginger Coach, You–
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- Have the ability to create a sense of warmth, openness, and calmness through text-based chat
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, novel situations and change
- Are a strong critical and creative thinker
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are a culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Are able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task when necessary
- Are resilient
As a Bilingual Ginger Behavioral Health Coach who supports our Spanish or French Services Program, you are required to demonstrate Spanish or French writing proficiency at the following level:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts
- Can recognize and respond to implicit meaning in text/ chat form
- Express ideas without too much searching for vocabulary or expressions
- Effectively use the language for social, coaching and professional situations
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, 6 months of which must have occurred with direct supervision, under a qualified, credentialed or licensed supervisor.
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBC-HWC)
- currently we are unable to hire any coaches without a master's degree or a coaching certification
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Fluency in Google Suite
Preferred but not required
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Have worked with a text-based platform providing care in the past
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our privacy notice here.
Something looks off?