Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands with surplus to distribution partners. Ghost combines real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
As the VP, Accounting you will be a key leader within our finance department, overseeing all aspects of financial management and reporting. Your expertise in financial analysis, compliance, and strategy will play a crucial role in driving informed decision-making and optimizing our financial performance. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, guiding them to achieve our financial goals and maintaining our high standards of financial integrity.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance department, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Lead the month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial statements.
- Prepare and present financial reports, analysis, and insights to senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard company assets and maintain compliance.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger functions to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and monitor financial budgets and forecasts, providing strategic financial guidance.
- Conduct financial analysis and variance assessments to identify areas for improvement and cost optimization.
- Work closely with external auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with all financial and legal requirements.
- Monitor cash flow, liquidity, and working capital, implementing strategies to maintain a strong financial position.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the finance team, fostering a culture of collaboration and professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting, with at least 3 years of management experience
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and regulatory compliance.
- Proven track record of managing financial operations, month-end closing, and financial statement preparation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, capable of conveying financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- High level of proficiency in financial software and ERP systems; experience with NetSuite or similar platforms is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and maintaining financial integrity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting to changing business needs.
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $190,000 to $275,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.