Brand Partnerships Associate
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
As a Brand Partnerships Associate, your primary responsibility is to enhance sales by acquiring, fostering, and retaining sellers within Ghost's network. The success of this role hinges on skillful merchandising, with a focus on acquiring and expanding supply while maintaining a high sell-through rate. If you have a discerning eye for merchandising, excel in storytelling, and understand the nuances of our industry, this role is perfectly suited for you! It is essential for you to thoroughly understand Ghost's buyers' inventory needs and pricing expectations. Once identified, your goal is to expand key seller relationships and proactively create new opportunities to drive revenue.
About the Role:
- Utilize an understanding of Ghost's buyer base to strategically merchandise listings and advocate for specific buyer category recommendations.
- Anticipate customer needs to enhance each order experience, proactively setting expectations, and communicating any operational challenges.
- Proactively seek and create new revenue-driving opportunities, going beyond servicing existing opportunities.
- Be consistently responsible for managing a substantial volume of quality supply to surpass sales targets.
- Enjoy building long-term loyal relationships by proving reliability, showcasing expertise, creating solutions for core needs, and being an active listener.
- Strong communication skills, capable of adapting the Ghost pitch based on audience and seller needs.
- 0-3 years of experience in a startup, retail, or merchandising environment.
- Background in account management or project management, preferably at an enterprise level.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and excellence in execution.
- Strong follow-up and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- While not mandatory, experience in pricing and leveraging the AM team and industry knowledge to negotiate favorable pricing from sellers is highly preferred.
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $45,000 to $100,000+ (this includes base and commission structure). The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.