Accounts Receivable Specialist
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands with surplus to distribution partners. Ghost combines real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and ensuring the timely collection of outstanding customer payments. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate and issue customer invoices accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verify pricing, quantities, and terms before sending out invoices.
- Monitor and review customer billing agreements.
- Work closely with sales and customer service teams to address billing discrepancies.
- Record and post customer payments in the accounting system.
- Reconcile payments received with outstanding balances.
- Contact customers to follow up on outstanding payments.
- Resolve payment discrepancies and negotiate payment plans when necessary.
- Reconcile customer accounts and address any discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate records of customer transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or a similar financial role.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $55,000 to $85,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.