Senior ML Engineer
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior ML Engineer that loves developing cutting-edge solutions that address complex problems. As a technical leader of machine learning, you will enhance our culture of knowledge sharing through code reviews, design discussions, and active participation in technical discussions with leadership. You will also stay at the forefront of machine learning advancements, conduct research, and experiment with emerging technologies to enhance our ML capabilities. Your insights and findings will drive continuous improvement as we continue to grow the most powerful B2B marketplace for surplus inventory.
We are an early-stage startup with amazing traction, and we’re moving with velocity! Our team has abundant growth potential as well as a direct impact on shaping the future of Ghost.
This role is remote-friendly. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California, and we have an office in New York City.
- 7+ years developing and implementing scalable machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex business challenges
- Advanced experience leveraging data to build predictive and prescriptive models and optimize them for real-world deployment
- Leads and advocates for engineering best practices in machine learning (code quality, testing, monitoring, model evaluation, to name a few)
- Effective communicator that can translate technical ideas and solutions to non-technical teams
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Bonus: rapid growth startup experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + Equity + Benefits.
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Apple hardware MacBook
- Home-office stipend
- Unlimited PTO (Yes, we encourage breaks)
- Our engineering team offers:
- Big impact
- We live by our values of being:
- Mission-Driven, Product first.
- Empowering our people.
- Managing to results.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $180,000-220,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors including experience, skillset, location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in California, New York, or US remote, and offer competitive local pay and benefits.