Sales Account Executive
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
As an Account Executive at Ghost, you'll embark on an exciting journey in the world of retail and sales. You'll be responsible for building and nurturing relationships with our retail partners while helping them make the most of our platform. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for growth and learning in a dynamic startup environment.
About the Role:
- Identify and engage with potential clients to understand their needs.
- Drive sales negotiations with clients, assisting in closing deals.
- Communicate the value of Ghost's platform to potential partners.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Collaborate with the sales team to achieve sales targets and goals.
- Gather market feedback to help improve our platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Sales and/or Business Development.
- Exceptional communication skills – strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving - Ability to think creatively in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Self-directed – works with team members to move the ball forward without someone looking over your shoulder.
- Committed to operational excellence – you are known for high-velocity execution and can effectively balance long-term business goals with short-term needs.
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
In addition to a competitive base salary, equity, and a range of benefits, we offer a dynamic work environment that fosters growth and collaboration. The base salary range for this role is $60,000-65,000 (OTE of $120,000), based on candidate-specific factors including experience, skillset, and location. This is an in-office role based in Los Angeles, CA.