Director, Capital Risk
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
As the Director of Capital Markets, you will be a key player on our Finance team, owning critical initiatives across Capital Markets and Risk functions - including verifications, underwriting, fraud and recovery. You will drive strategic, analytical, and operational projects with the goal of driving growth while minimizing risk. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor within a functional area and have the opportunity to drive projects from strategy to execution, to ongoing implementation and iteration.
- Own development of Capital Markets strategy and planning, which will increase operational efficiency and reduce exposure to risk.
- Act as a strategic partner collaborating directly with banking, lenders, investors, and customers, as well as leadership within Ghost.
- Optimize risk resourcing through queue updates to identify high-risk accounts for review.
- Lead partnerships with banking, lenders, and investors.
- Propose hedging strategies and collaborate with the Controller team to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Maintain, enhance, or develop relevant Treasury policies and procedures, including Investment Policy, FX Risk, and Interest Rate Risk Management Policy.
- Responsible for counterparty credit risk management and collaboration with key stakeholders to execute on the framework.
- Conduct initial and ongoing counterparty credit risk assessments, continually seeking opportunities for improvement based on industry best practices.
- 4-10+ years of experience in Capital Markets or Risk Operations at high-growth marketplaces/fintechs.
- Passion for technology, especially in marketplaces or fintech.
- Experience in fast-paced, ambiguous environments driving projects from strategy through implementation; happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done.
- Knowledge of capital markets funding and financing transactions.
- Understands Treasury investment portfolio management, foreign currency risk, and counterparty credit risk evaluation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts effectively.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Engineering, and other Operations teams to achieve business objectives.
- Highly analytical -- can drive complex analyses manage projects to KPIs and metrics
What you will love:
- We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
- Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
- We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
- We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
- We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $150,000 to $250,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.