Head of Product
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands with surplus to distribution partners. Ghost combines real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick-and-mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy, and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Product position will be leading the charge to make sure we hit our engineering and production deliverables. A data-driven approach is crucial, with a strong focus on key metrics such as the sell-through rate, buyer and seller retention, churn rates, frequency of use, and activity levels. On the technical side, you will be monitoring metrics like downtime and site speed. Having a clear product vision is imperative, with the ability to switch between short-term objectives and long-term possibilities for both the marketplace and the product's development.
- Will be championing and setting the gold standard for how our product is developed and discovered and spearheading our product vision.
- Play a pivotal role in transforming innovative ideas into tangible product features, effectively turning challenges into digital solutions.
- Collaborate with the other EDP department heads to ensure alignment and delivery throughout the full phase of the process.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and possess a track record in crafting career development plans to drive our PMs towards success.
- Take charge of overseeing Product Managers to facilitate the successful delivery of high-value and high-quality product releases.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of customer feedback and be well-versed in customer-centric practices.
- Possess a clear product vision, capable of pivoting between short-term objectives and long-term strategic visions for the marketplace and product evolution.
- Bring significant experience in managing marketplace teams including product managers while maintaining a high level of technical expertise.
- Has developed and implemented clear product development processes & frameworks to help facilitate better communication and delivery.
- Embraces a data-driven approach, with a relentless focus on key metrics.
- Stays at the forefront of tech trends, ensuring the integration of cutting-edge advancements into our product roadmap.
What you will love:
We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- 401K + match
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote options (for select positions)
- Home office stipend (for select positions)
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $150,000 to $250,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.