Senior Software Engineer
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands to surplus distribution partners. We combine real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy, and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves solving complex problems. You will help us build our platform from the ground up to serve our growing customer ecosystem. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you’ll be tasked with being a technical leader who will design, build, and ship systems to serve the right items to the right buyers at the right time. You will also lead code reviews and design discussions, and improve our current systems to allow for future scale. We are an early-stage startup with amazing traction, and we’re moving with velocity! Our team has abundant growth potential as well as a direct impact on shaping the future of Ghost.
This role is remote-friendly. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California, and we have an office in New York City.
- 7+ years building scalable engineering solutions across the stack.
- Proven track record for designing and building core services and API’s for a variety of product use cases.
- Product experience in frameworks like NodeJS, or React.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of relational data modeling and design
- Ability to lead major architecture initiatives from the ground up, balancing for speed while designing for scale
- Believer in automated testing, continuous integration, and high code quality.
- Interest and experience in coaching/mentoring junior engineers.
- Collaborative approach to building software with other engineering / non-engineering team members.
- Bonus: Marketplace experience, B2B experience.
- Bonus: Devops/CI/CD experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + Equity + Benefits.
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Apple hardware MacBook
- Home-office stipend
- Unlimited PTO (Yes, we encourage breaks)
- Our engineering team offers:
- Big impact
- We live by our values of being:
- Mission-Driven, Product first.
- Empowering our people.
- Managing to results.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors including experience, skillset, location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in California, New York, or remote, and offer competitive local pay and benefits.