Strategic Finance Associate
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands to surplus distribution partners. We combine real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy, and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for an associate who loves solving complex problems. As our first finance associate, you will help build our strategy and ensure we are making efficient, data-driven decisions. You will partner with teams across the business to support financial decisions by evaluating effectiveness and developing creative ways to grow. You will be integral in driving reporting as well as developing and monitoring critical business metrics.
Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California. This role will be in office.
- 2-4 years of strategic finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- Experience managing budgets and developing forecasts for various teams
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn)
- Bonus: Marketplace, B2B, or Fintech experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + Equity + Benefits.
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Computer of choice
- Home-office stipend
- Unlimited PTO (Yes, we encourage breaks)
- Our team offers:
- Big impact
- We live by our values of being:
- Mission-Driven, Product first.
- Empowering our people.
- Managing to results.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $140,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors including experience, skillset, location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in California and offer competitive local pay and benefits.