Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2022
Genesis exists to catalyze the adoption of decentralized technology and networked media. We believe that crypto introduces a new way for people anywhere in the world to coordinate and create together, unlocking a path for the next era of internet culture to emerge. Our mission is to build an interface layer to the decentralized web. To that end, our first product is a new vision for a self-custody wallet.
Our team is composed of prolific engineers, designers, and artists who have made their mark at influential organizations like Apple, Snap, and Acne Studios.
We are remote-first and meet regularly as a team for in-person collaboration, usually in LA or NYC. We operate in Eastern Time and hire anywhere in the world.
You’re a design-minded engineer that loves the craft.
You have experience working with React and/or React Native and have a bias toward executing your ideas. You’re obsessed with the details, believe that building beautiful software is important, and you care about delighting those who interact with your work. You’re low-ego, and have worked with other engineers and designers to craft truly exceptional digital experiences for people.
You’re excited by the nascent developer ecosystem in web3, and motivated to define standards for building in the space. Public goods, open source protocols, composability, and novel computing interfaces get you excited.
As an early engineer, you’re motivated by the foundational impact that you’ll have on the product and culture at Genesis, and by extension of your work, the broader web3 ecosystem.
What You'll Do
• Build with Typescript and React Native
• Leverage and contribute to our design system
• Own projects end-to-end, from early definition to polished end-user experience
• Ensure code reliability through automated tests, clear documentation, and user testing
• Collaborate with designers to deliver a high-quality, pixel-perfect user experience
• Contribute to the development of emergent web3 standards
• Competitive salary and generous equity
• 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Home office stipend
• Health and fitness stipend
• Flexible time-off policy
1. Intro call (30 mins): chat with Sean about your experience, examples of your work and work that you admire, and ask any initial questions about the role
2. Technical screen (60 mins) – Complete an at-home coding challenge and walk through it with Dan.
3. Offer extended: if there’s a mutual fit, Sean will deliver an offer with an onboarding plan for the first 30-60-90 days and chat through any questions that you have.
We’re committed to building an exceptional organization, with people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Even if you don’t check all the criteria above, we welcome your application.