Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022
Genesis exists to catalyze the adoption of decentralized technology and networked media. We believe that crypto introduces a new way for people anywhere in the world to coordinate and create together, unlocking a path for the next era of internet culture to emerge. Our mission is to build an interface layer to the decentralized web. To that end, our first product is a new vision for a self-custody wallet.
Our team is composed of prolific engineers, designers, and artists who have made their mark at influential organizations like Apple, Snap, and Acne Studios.
We are remote-first and meet regularly as a team for in-person collaboration, usually in LA or NYC. We operate in Eastern Time and hire anywhere in the world.
You’re a backend engineer who designs elegant data systems for massive scale.
You enjoy writing Rust or have a desire to learn it. You’re a performance junkie, constantly hunting for ways to push the limits of the system, and the code that you’ve written has generated fast and robust data that powers applications used by many. You might not know what differential dataflows are, but you’re excited to read the paper and discuss it with us. You’re low-ego, and have worked with other engineers and designers to craft truly exceptional digital experiences for people.
You’re excited by the nascent developer ecosystem in web3, and motivated to define standards for building in the space. You’re energized by the challenge of building systems that operate at massive scale. Public goods, open source protocols, composability, and novel computing interfaces get you excited.
As an early engineer, you’re motivated by the foundational impact that you’ll have on the product and culture at Genesis, and by extension of your work, the broader web3 ecosystem.
What You'll Do
• Build with Rust, Typescript, and GraphQL
• Leverage services like AWS
• Ensure reliable code with CI/CD
• Write developer docs to support ecosystem integrations
• Contribute to the development of emergent web3 standards
• Competitive salary and generous equity
• 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Home office stipend
• Health and fitness stipend
• Flexible time-off policy
1. Intro call (30 mins): chat with Sean about your experience, examples of your work and work that you admire, and ask any initial questions about the role
2. Technical screen (60 mins) – Complete an at-home coding challenge and walk through it with Dan.
3. Offer extended: if there’s a mutual fit, Sean will deliver an offer with an onboarding plan for the first 30-60-90 days and chat through any questions that you have.
We’re committed to building an exceptional organization, with people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Even if you don’t check all the criteria above, we welcome your application.
See more open positions at Genesis
Something looks off?