Senior/Principal Product Designer, RX
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
Fuzzy is your pet health partner. On a mission to make pet care more accessible, Fuzzy is a subscription-based service offering members 24/7 Live Vet Chat support, virtual vet consultations, and on-demand answers from a team of licensed, on-staff pet health experts. Fuzzy also offers pet parents vet-tested and recommended products and personalized programs for nutrition, training, and obedience.
Through technology, we're creating a different type of relationship between pet parents and their veterinary caregivers – one that's personal, empowering, and focused on improving the lives of animals.
As a Principal Product Designer, you’ll work on our consumer facing experience, providing our customers with automated personalized treatment plans and prescriptions. At Fuzzy, we’re creating a brand new lane in the pet health and wellness space providing access to care through immediacy and affordability. Through gaining an understanding of our members and pet parents, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and leadership teams to define what we build and how we build it.
As a member of the Product Design team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from user research and discovering the next great feature, to crafting detailed interactions, flows, and UI design. You will work with a diverse team of product managers, developers, and data analysts to deliver world class experiences that solve complex problems in simple, elegant ways. We are still in an early stage, which means you'll have opportunities to shape our culture and work on big, meaningful design problems.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years experience in product design with examples that include mobile apps.
- A BA/BS degree in design or a related field (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or equivalent practical experience.
- A portfolio that shows problem solving ability, a collaborative work-style, and exceptional UI skills.
- Communication skills to help set up frameworks and facilitate workshops to brainstorm initial design concepts.
- Recognize when you are in a state of ambiguity and effectively navigate through it to drive an initiative forward
- Use quantitative and qualitative information to continually iterate and improve on the user experience.
- The ability to explain your design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- The ability to be autonomous and own your work from start to finish, including prototyping, collecting feedback, and iterating.
- An eye for both big picture thinking and small details. You can contribute to product strategy while also ensuring releases are of high quality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to push forward on your own.
- A humble approach—you challenge your own assumptions, and look for feedback through research and from teammates
- Must love pets! 😸 🐶
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Fuzzy, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Fuzzyrs and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. Fuzzy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.