Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack)
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Fuzzy is your pet health partner. On a mission to make pet care more accessible, Fuzzy is a subscription-based service offering members 24/7 Live Vet Chat support, virtual vet consultations, and on-demand answers from a team of licensed, on-staff pet health experts. Fuzzy also offers pet parents vet-tested and recommended products and personalized programs for nutrition, training, and obedience.
Through technology, we're creating a different type of relationship between pet parents and their veterinary caregivers – one that's personal, empowering, and focused on improving the lives of animals.
Fuzzy is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer who can build and maintain complex projects, propose novel ideas and perspectives, and is looking to build modern pet health software. We are highly collaborative and cross-functional in the work that we do - you will work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build and launch software that exceeds our members’ expectations.
- Work closely with product, design, and other engineers to determine the best software to build for our customers
- Design, review, and build full-stack solutions to solve interesting customer problems
- Iterate quickly to deliver customer value while thinking about long-term solutions that can easily adapt to future unknowns
- Hold strong opinions, debate rigorously (and politely) with fellow team members, and be comfortable committing and moving forward when a decision is made
- Advocate for changes in the organization or process that will improve team efficiency and quality
- Contribute to a culture of developing and building your fellow team members through mentorship, review, and pair programming
What We're Looking For
- 5+ Years of production web app development experience
- Strong experience in Ruby on Rails and React
- Experience writing software design documents and taking the solution all the way through implementation, testing, and release
- Ability to write backend application code, understand relational database querying, and write user interfaces
- Comfortable working in an agile environment - shipping quickly, iterating, taking feedback, and adjusting to maximize impact
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An ownership mentality over the software you build
What we use
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Web Services
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Fuzzy, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Fuzzyrs and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. Fuzzy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.