Founding Engineer, Backend
Data teams are plagued with constant one-off data questions and extract requests from their business counterparts. As a matter of fact, most data teams spend about 30% of their time on these requests while some teams spend as much as 80% of their time. We’re on a mission to solve this problem for them. Fabi.ai leverages AI to supercharge data analysts and scientists from receiving a request to delivering insights, and enables a collaborative workflow for business and data teams to collaborate more efficiently. We’ve recently raised $3M from Eniac and Outlander VC, early investors in Airbnb, SpaceX, Stripe and Scale AI to accelerate the exciting journey.
As a data product engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end product development process, ensuring that we deliver a product of the highest quality and with a delightful user experience. In collaboration with our cofounders and other team members, you will be helping build the foundation for the Fabi.ai data platform and get exposed to cutting-edge technologies, including LLM, RAG, LangChain, LlamaIndex, and vector databases. You will be able to own and establish the technologies and cultures for Fabi.ai.
- Passionate about building an amazing product with speed and excellence
- 3+ years in end-to-end software development with an emphasis on backend
- Expert in Python and modern web frameworks, designing APIs
- Experience in designing database schemas and ORM / SDK to interact with databases
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD
- Local to the SF Bay Area
Huge plus if
- B2B SaaS experience or early-stage startup experience
- Experience in modern data stack or LLM applications
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and significant equity stake
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Lunch subsidies and WeWork all-access membership
- Regular in-person huddle at our San Mateo WeWork office
- AI-powered productivity tools, including GitHub co-pilot, ChatGPT Plus, and Fabi.ai (the product you’ll be building).