Software Engineer II (Python/ Vue or React)
- Why is working in this department AMAZING!
Working in engineering at Briq puts you squarely in the driver’s seat of building the next generation of construction financial management, planning, and intelligence software. The problems we work to solve every day are deeply complex and rewarding, both for the engineering team and our customers. Engineering at Briq also provides ample opportunities to work closely with product, UX, QA, infrastructure, devops and other stakeholders outside of tech – there are endless ways for you to gain & refine new skills, deliver value, and make an impact.
We are builders first and foremost; We are looking for the best ideas and tools for the job at hand. As such, we are continually evaluating our stack, approaches, and process to deliver high quality, performant, and scalable solutions for our clients. Working in engineering at Briq, you can expect to leverage some of the latest technologies and software design paradigms available, including:
- Vue.js frontend
- Python/Flask microservice architecture
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- CI/CD with Gitlab
- Machine learning
- What does the future of this department look like? Where is this going and why do I want to come along for the ride?
As an engineering team within a hyper-growth startup, we are tasked with continuously expanding the functionalities afforded to our clients by our products and services. This makes for abundant personal and professional growth opportunities within the organization. Regardless of whether you desire to hone engineering skills and deliver amazing features as an individual contributor or take on people/process focused management roles, engineering at Briq offers separate-but-equal tracks with opportunity for vertical career progression.
Given the breadth of our platform, there are a wide variety of problems to solve both today and on the roadmap. We deeply believe the best solutions are put forward by happy, engaged, and healthily challenged engineers.
If being an integral part of creating a powerful & diverse platform while helping to shape and grow a rapidly expanding engineering organization sounds exciting, Briq is the place for you!
- In a nutshell, what will I do every day in this role?
The Software Engineer II is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining Briq’s applications by being an engaged participant in the entire software development lifecycle. This person will typically work closely with a team of other engineers in addition to members of the quality assurance and product teams in order to ensure timely delivery of high quality and high value software. As an experienced teammate, this individual may also be expected to assist and mentor other team members and technical staff as part of their day-to-day.
Why will I love this job within the context of our pillars?
We are Builders: Create new things, improve the existing, and grow with the team every day.
We Evolve and learn every day:. Learn new skills, research and prove-out new technology & approaches, and both learn from and mentor a team of exemplary professionals.
We take Ownership with Accountability: Briq is yours – embrace the entire software development lifecycle for an application area end-to-end and have a significant impact on the value our customers receive.
We Go Fast and Win: Agile with 2 week sprints means we are constantly delivering and iterating over features and functionality with direct and insightful feedback from our users.
We encourage constructive Dialogue: Play a significant part in shaping our organization and processes. We eschew politics in favor of clear communication that prioritizes the success of our teams and our projects.
We are a Community: Get to know your colleagues from three different countries to share knowledge, stories, perspectives, and to lift each other up as we build something incredible.
We are Future Positive: The challenges we face today are opportunities to make something great or to do something better. From sharing an idea to implementing the solution, feel empowered to make an impact on the future of Briq.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Execute on all facets of the software development lifecycle
- Maintain SLAs by troubleshooting and debugging, including timely communication of root cause analysis and solutions in necessary channels
- Monitor system performance and stability, identifying, elevating, and resolving issues proactively
- Develop, maintain, and execute feature verification and test plans
- Develop and maintain documentation related to requirements, system design, API specifications, etc
- Assist with monitoring and mentoring intern and associate-level staff as required
Qualifications for this role:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related field is a plus
- 3+ years in software development, software design, software quality assurance or related experience
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining web applications using a modern web framework (Vue.js, React, etc)
- Developing, testing, and maintaining microservices (Python/Flask, etc)
- Experience implementing and maintaining thorough unit and/or integration test plans
- Experience designing and implementing scalable and performant solutions to meet or exceed application performance goals and enable a delightful user experience
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust features and fixes with a data driven approach by maintaining and leveraging dashboards (like Kibana), application logs, and other metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change
- Familiarity with web-based meeting tools (Zoom, etc.), code management tools (Git/Gitlab, etc), and ticketing and documentation tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
Something looks off?