Inside Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
brightwheel is seeking an Outbound Full-Cycle Manager to lead a team of outbound Account Executives to exceed goals in a high-velocity sales environment. Your team will grow brightwheel’s customer base via outbound cold calling to build a pipeline and closing their own deals. You have a strong drive to enable others - you are a coach and a mentor, and you get a thrill from seeing others succeed. You are dedicated to creating an environment where your team is highly engaged and doing their best work. You love doing this in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment.
What you’ll do
- Achieve ambitious goals through your team
- Motivate account executives to build/manage their own pipelines by outbound cold calling and closing their own deals
- Create a high-performing team by hiring, setting clear expectations, training, motivating, identifying areas for improvement (in partnership with SalesOps), providing coaching, and recognizing success
- Contribute to our constantly improving sales processes and tools (scripts, emails, etc.)
- Take ownership in creating a team culture that is high-energy and grounded in our leadership principles with a heavy focus on Delivering Value for Customers, Getting Better Every Day, and Achieving Ambitious Results
- Have an impact on transforming early education for every teacher, parent, and child
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 2+ years as an Inside Sales Rep and/or Account Executive; must include phone-based experience cold calling and closing deals
- 2+ years as a people manager in sales - demonstrated ability to drive efficient pipeline management and forecasting practices; use data and call breakdowns to identify opportunities for improvement; provide constructive feedback that leads to performance improvement; achieve ambitious goals via the team
- Preference for experience in high-velocity sales, SaaS, and startups
- Comfort with various CRMs and customer engagement tools (e.g., SFDC, Outreach, Gong, etc.)
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In addition to equity, our annual cash compensation for this role is an annual salary range of $56,000-$70,000, with an additional variable bonus creating an overall on-target earning range of $112,000-$140,000.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.