Business Operations Manager
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Business Operations team. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives and outcomes across the business. You have excellent business acumen and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional partners. You love tackling complex problems and developing and implementing data-driven solutions. You thrive in the pace of change at high-growth tech startups. Most importantly, you are a curious individual who loves diving deep into a wide range of challenges and opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Drive mission-critical projects: You will be responsible for executing the highest impact, most cross-functional initiatives across the company. This could include everything from redesigning our pricing strategy, helping launch a new product, or driving step-change improvements to our sales or onboarding funnels
- Turn insights into action: You will dive deep - into data, process, and the customer experience - to identify the critical insights necessary to improve business performance and translate these into action
- Partner with senior management teams: You will serve as a trusted thought partner to executives across the business. Your independent perspective will be valued
- Achieve extraordinary results: As a business, we set audacious goals. You will be responsible for designing and executing the work necessary to achieve them
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 4+ years of work experience at a top management consulting firm or operations role
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills: you can bring structure to ambiguous challenges
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with senior leaders and cross-functional teams
- Strong listening skills; ability to understand the “why” and get to what matters quickly
- Ability to digest complex data and present findings clearly to drive decision-making and outcomes; experience with financial and strategic modeling. SQL a plus
- Desire to learn: this role requires a high level of intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to dive into new problems, domains, tools, and techniques
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.