Business Operations Manager
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Business Operations team. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives and outcomes across the business. You have excellent business acumen and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional partners. You love tackling complex problems and developing and implementing data-driven solutions. You thrive in the pace of change at high growth tech startups. Most importantly, you are a curious individual who loves diving deep into a wide range of challenges and opportunities.
What you'll do
- Drive & execute mission-critical projects: You will take ownership in solving the most critical strategic problems from across the business. These will be cross-functional, high-impact, and will require answering questions that have never been answered before. You’ll be responsible for aligning our leadership to a recommendation and vision, then driving the business to achieve that vision.
- Turn insights into action: You will be responsible for conducting analysis on our data, developing and structuring strategic insights, and translating these insights into concrete implementation plans.
- Partner with senior management teams to achieve results: You will work closely with senior, cross-functional stakeholders to understand problems and develop critical insights. You will go beyond the data to dig in and help operationally drive results.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years of work experience at a top management consulting firm or operations role
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with senior leaders and cross-functional teams
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to digest complex data and present findings in a clear manner that drives decision making and outcomes; experience with financial and strategic modeling. SQL a plus
- Strong listening skills; ability to understand the “why” and get to what matters quickly
- Desire to learn -this role requires a high level of intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to dive into new problems, domains, tools, and techniques
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.