Head of Marketing Operations
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a talented leader to oversee our marketing operations team and strategy. You will double the impact of our marketing and demand generation teams by ensuring we have the best process, automation, systems, and data insight to scale effectively. You bring an acute analytical mindset, elite cross-functional collaboration, and deep technical expertise to deliver programs that help us bring brightwheel to every early educator.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a high-performing, results-oriented Marketing Operations organization that continually improves marketing effectiveness, builds scalable processes, and optimizes the lead-to-customer journey
- Partner with marketing leadership to lead marketing planning, budgeting, and goal-setting, and establish an analytical framework and cadence. Drive reporting and analytics on marketing program efficacy, pipeline and funnel performance, and unified lead to customer insight
- Evolve our marketing technology stack to support brightwheel’s expanding footprint, marketing channel innovation, lifecycle strategy, segmentation strategy, and new product offerings
- Collaborate with marketing and demand gen teams to plan, implement, optimize, and scale campaigns and programs to drive pipeline and revenue growth
- Serve as the expert on the leads database and customer journey. Own lead scoring and routing, and collaborate on lifecycle and segmentation, funnel optimization, and pipeline acceleration
- Set the bar for cross-functional partnership. Invest in solid relationships across brightwheel, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Operations, Engineering, and Finance
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, demand generation, operations, or analytics. B2B SaaS experience is a strong plus
- Proven ability to build, motivate and lead a high-performing team
- Strong analytical acumen; demonstrated ability to transform data into actionable insights
- Comfort analyzing and visualizing data in Excel, Salesforce, and BI tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.). SQL a plus
- Expert-level proficiency in managing large-scale marketing automation systems (e.g., Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot), Salesforce, and associated integrations
- Experience with annual planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Deep domain expertise with integrated B2B marketing, multi-touch attribution, lead and pipeline management, lifecycle marketing, data strategy & governance, digital analytics, and system integrations
- Combination of strategic thinking and the ability to roll up your sleeves and get it done
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $133,000-$167,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $157,000-$185,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $133,000-$185,000.
Multiple factors, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise, determine final offer amounts. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at brightwheel
Something looks off?