Dealer Onboarding Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
AutoFi is the leading provider of digital commerce technology that powers the sales and finance experiences for the most innovative brands and dealers in automotive. The AutoFi platform enables a more transactional buying experience with $4B in funded loans processed through AutoFi annually. AutoFi’s dynamic selling platform empowers dealers to sell vehicles more efficiently and profitably, both online and in the showroom.
We are funded for years of future growth and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Santander Holdings USA, SVB Financial Group, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as commercial partners. We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information, visit www.autofi.com.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Dealer Implementations, the Dealer Implementations Specialist plays an integral role in working directly with our Dealer Partners to set them up for success with AutoFi’s suite of products and services. In this role, you will navigate the collection and use of key information directly from Dealership personnel and their associates, while collaborating effectively with Implementations Configuration Specialists, Sales, Account Management and Training/Change Management to ensure expectations are managed, work is progressing appropriately and achievable timelines to launch are respected.
Dealer Implementations is devoted to receiving and caring for net-new Dealer Partners as well as product upsells to existing Dealer Partners that originate through the Sales organization. They work with Dealers and their representatives to ensure that all aspects of their Program with AutoFi are appropriately configured for a successful launch, from basic configurations/feature enablement all the way through to complex integrations and related testing. They are subject matter experts with a deep understanding of how to use, speak to and configure AutoFi’s product suite to best meet our Dealer Partner’s requirements.
An ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills that enable them to work effectively with highly technical and non-technical teams alike. They must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to work cross-functionally in a fast paced environment to achieve quality outcomes.
- Participate in building a transparent, cohesive and collaborative team environment with a culture of open communication, sharing and feedback.
- Guide Dealer Partners through the Onboarding experience, inclusive of configuration, integration, testing and launch requirements towards realization of expected Program outcomes
- Provide Dealers with insight related to the effective use of AutoFi’s Products and specific features, making recommendations and suggestions to enhance and optimize their Programs
- Coordinate with different departments throughout Operations, as well as with Sales and Account Management to identify the best course of action towards resolving Dealer Partner needs
- Maintain lines of communication with Dealerships, their associates and vendor partners where applicable to ensure adherence to protocols and a satisfactory onboarding experience.
- Respond promptly and professionally to internal and external inquiries related to Onboarding and Implementation activities both verbally and in writing, following up as needed towards a satisfactory outcome.
- Build and expand knowledge related to AutoFi’s suite of products and their use cases, operating as a SME for the configuration and integration of these products into the Dealership ecosystem, while building proficiency around Vendor integrations and programming requirements that impact AutoFi Program effectiveness.
- Identify common needs and challenges, and work with the team to establish repeatable best practices for handling, mitigating or transitioning these items as appropriate.
- Identify and escalate issues affecting the successful onboarding and configuration of Dealer Partner Programs to the appropriate Stakeholders for resolution, monitoring and communicating completion timeframes as necessary.
- Recommend new or revised procedures for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of day to day Onboarding and Implementation procedures.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of reference and process documentation in relation to how to successfully engage in Dealer Implementation activities, inclusive of communication practices, configuration and integration requirements.
- Work cross-departmentally to assist in the development and enhancement of best practices and processes towards effectively supporting our Dealer Partners in a consistent, efficient fashion throughout their lifecycle.
- 3-5 years experience working in Account/Client Support or Implementations roles
- 2-3 years experience working with SaaS solutions and integrations strongly preferred
- Familiarity with car dealership business models and related roles/responsibilities strongly preferred
- Ability to work with API calls, as well as read/interpret JSON, XML and basic CSS information required
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical team members at various levels, ranging from support to development
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and ability to navigate challenging internal/external situations
- Detail oriented, with excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works well both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with Jira, Salesforce, and Postman considered an asset
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus!
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.