Business Process & Content Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
AutoFi is the leading provider of digital commerce technology that powers the sales and finance experiences for the most innovative brands and dealers in automotive. The AutoFi platform enables a more transactional buying experience with $4B in funded loans processed through AutoFi annually. AutoFi’s dynamic selling platform empowers dealers to sell vehicles more efficiently and profitably, both online and in the showroom.
We are funded for years of future growth and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Santander Holdings USA, SVB Financial Group, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as commercial partners. We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information, visit www.autofi.com.
About the Role
The Business Process & Content Engineer is expected to play a pivotal role in driving foundational stability, predictability and trust within the business ecosystem. This role will report to the Head of Operations, and will partner closely with numerous aspects of the business to develop, implement and continuously improve cross-departmental processes and related documentation. You will be responsible for analyzing current systems, tools, and practices, identifying gaps, and devising improved methodologies that increase productivity, gain efficiencies and reduce friction. You will own the creation, cultivation and long-term veracity of documentation in support of the same.
Candidates must have the ability to lead, motivate and drive results within cross departmental teams that they do not directly manage. They must have strong communication skills, be well organized, attentive to fine details, able to work under pressure and have comfort persevering under ambiguity. Each member of our team is challenged to contribute in a variety of capacities across the entire organization and show their individual strengths, from product to customer experience.
- Participate in building a transparent, cohesive and collaborative team environment with a culture of open communication and feedback
- Act as a facilitator between diverse teams and individual members to meet holistic business needs in alignment with standardized operational frameworks.
- Locate sources, gather & analyze relevant information (inclusive of applications/tools, manual touchpoints, processes, procedures/SOPs and work instructions etc) for the purpose of generating root cause analysis insights and gap identification in existing business practices.
- Identify process, system & tool improvement opportunities, make holistic recommendations against clear objectives, obtaining buy-in and agreement to proceed where necessary.
- Prioritize improvement opportunities based on magnitude of undertaking, overall impact & likelihood of achieving desired results within incremental and/or limited timeframes.
- Work with respective teams to design process solutions in relation to analysis findings, maintaining a functional balance between standards, relevant best practices, efficiency & agility.
- Collaborate and drive accountability with cross-functional team members towards the creation of role-specific documentation and instructional materials in association with process frameworks and expected outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand end-to-end operational requirements in support of effective solutions.
- Clearly conceptualize & map workflows, processes and customer journeys with a firm understanding of the relationship between strategy & operational process enablement.
- Build and maintain a documentation repository framework, inclusive of owning a process by which documentation is verified and updated as needed on a recurring basis by relevant stakeholders/SMEs.
- Curate process documentation and ancillary supporting documentation including SOPs, guides and the like, connecting resources to meet a variety of audience needs.
- Participate in change mgmt activities associated with implementing solutions including coordination between teams, presentations/training, and alignment of process owners with broader business objectives.
- Prepare presentations & metrics in relation to process improvement initiatives, outcomes and impacts to further refine and continue to evolve processes/standards to suit the changing business environment.
- Develop data tracking and KPIs to measure progress and impact of large process and tool changes implemented over time, including post mortem analysis/findings and related actions.
- Post secondary education in Business Administration and/or Business Management
- 3-5 years proven work experience in Business Process Management
- Experience in visual modeling, including business and software flows
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical team members at various levels, ranging from support to development
- Experience cultivating trust and building relationships interdepartmentally
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills, and ability to navigate challenging internal/external situations
- Fluency in both the Microsoft Office and Google suite of products
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works well both independently and as part of a team, strong leadership and decision making skills
- Familiarity with Jira, Postman and Salesforce considered an asset
- Prior experience in Business Analysis or Project Management considered an asset
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus!
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.