Sr FP&A Manager, Product & R&D
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
At Attentive, we're on a journey to transform our finance team into a world-class powerhouse. As we strive for excellence, we're seeking a dynamic Sr. Manager/Manager of Product and R&D FP&A to be a pivotal player in shaping our financial success. Our goal? To be more than just a finance team – we're here to be value-creating, customer-focused partners in driving business results.
This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. While partnering closely with Product and R&D leadership, this role will be Attentive’s “gross margin evangelist”, in charge of maximizing the company’s gross margin and would also help steer our investment roadmap targeting product innovation. This will entail working closely with our EPD leadership to optimize our product investments, collaborating with the Messaging Ops team to accurately forecast our usage-based aggregator spend, as well as working with business leaders to forecast, report, and find efficiencies within our hosting expenses.
Additionally, this role will provide an analytical lens to support new product initiatives by aligning our product roadmap with new product revenue and mapping headcount capacity planning accordingly.
Why Attentive needs you
- Be a strategic business partner to the Product and R&D organizations by providing financial leadership, data, analysis, and insights & recommendations on performance
- Become Attentive’s “Gross Margin Evangelist”; while partnering closely with our data team, understand and own the details of our supplier contracts and accurately forecast our usage-based gross margin; partner with business owners to find efficiencies in our hosting spend
- Develop financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, products and other initiatives. Review and influence the key assumptions driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility and how that impacts headcount capacity planning
- Design, implement and track KPI’s to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance and return on investment
- Facilitate annual planning and rolling forecasting processes for the Product and R&D teams. Own creation of budgets and forecasts for headcount, divisional expenses, and KPIs/metrics
- Lead monthly functional financial reviews with senior business and finance leaders.
- Deliver quantitative and qualitative insights, Identify improvement opportunities, and advise action plans based on financial insight
- Experience: Bring your 6+ years of FP&A experience within high-growth usage-based SaaS organizations, investment banking, or private equity.
- Collaborative Spirit: Showcase your strong interpersonal and communication skills, fostering collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Analytical Prowess: Demonstrate your track record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure.
- Tech Savvy: Leverage your advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, and if you're familiar with Anaplan, that's a plus.
- Expense control: Leverage you expense and HC management experience to guide out leaders
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and a go-getter attitude. Prove your ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $180,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.