Engineering Manager, Business Intelligence
Operations, Data Science
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are:
BI at Attentive is a centralized team of engineers and analysts responsible for analyzing large datasets, generating valuable insights, and providing data-driven recommendations to support decision-making.
As an Engineering Manager on the BI Engineering team, you will lead a team of high performing engineers to support the organization’s data warehouse, metrics, and reporting needs. You’ll help build and shape the backbone for analytics needs across the organization. You’ll partner with Analysts, Data & ML Engineers, as well as other internal teams to define and shape self-service analytics and a data-driven organization. You’ll also support the relationship between the BI/Analytics teams and Engineering as we build out a world-class data warehouse for our business and clients.
Why Attentive needs you:
• Build cross functional partnerships with data producers & consumers. Guide and influence peer teams to adopt best practices when & where needed.
• Partner with leaders across the team to understand needs to support strategy planning, new initiatives, and ongoing operations. Own ideation and execution of data-driven solutions.
• Oversee a high performing team to meet BI Engineering needs across the organization. Determine roles and responsibilities. Coach team members to higher levels of performance and execution. Manage high priority, fast moving projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Deliver trusted, timely, cost efficient, & performant datasets & instrumentation answering critical business needs.
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies, best practices, and industry trends in data engineering and software development.
Who You are:
• 7+ years in business intelligence/data engineering roles supporting multiple stakeholders.
• Experience managing and coaching 3+ direct reports for growth and success in a fast paced environment.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Experience building presentations and presenting findings to executive audienceExperience using, writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment.
• Strong working knowledge of data engineering best practices & data warehousing concepts.
• You are an effective people manager, who can manage high-performing teams, and helps them reach their highest potential.
• You have an inherent curiosity and analytic follow-through; you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions.
• We have access to Python, Snowflake, SQL, DBT
• Our data visualization tool is Looker
• Our product backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Spark, Kinesis, Airflow, Snowflake, and Postgres, all hosted on AWS
• Our team supports stakeholders from Client Strategy, Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Designers and the Leadership Team
• We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation and data-driven decision-making
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $180,000 - $260,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.