Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Attentive® is the world’s #1 conversational marketing platform, on a mission to maximize performance with intelligent, 1:1 SMS and email capabilities. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 8,000 leading brands like CB2, Pura Vida, GUESS and Urban Outfitters rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
BI at Attentive is a centralized team of engineers and analysts responsible for analyzing large datasets, generating valuable insights, and providing data-driven recommendations to support decision-making. We manage the company’s primary data visualization tool (Looker), ETL processes, build dashboards, and support analysis requests throughout the organization. As a BI Manager, you will lead a team of high performing analysts to support the organization’s data, analysis, and reporting needs. You will contribute to the development of our data models, Looker infrastructure and data hygiene. This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, technical oversight, and cross-functional leadership.
Why Attentive needs you
- Partner with leaders across teams to understand BI needs to support strategy planning, new initiatives, and ongoing operations. Own ideation and execution of data-driven solutions
- Oversee a high performing team to meet BI needs across the organization. Determine roles and responsibilities. Coach team members to higher levels of performance and execution
- Partner with BI Engineering team to develop backend data sources that fuel reporting and query optimization in a scalable way
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve structured data, data hygiene, and broader insights
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships and work in a fast-paced environment with a track record of managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Build analytical & strategic frameworks that size business opportunities, define success, and track performance
- Developing and managing our data analytics platform Looker
- 7+ years in business intelligence or analytical role supporting multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports for growth and success in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Looker reporting and analytics, including but not limited to building reports, dashboards, and improving data integration to improve insights
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Experience building presentations and presenting findings to executive audience
- Experience using, writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- You have an inherent curiosity and analytic follow-through; you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions
- Our data visualization tool is Looker
- We have access to Python, R, Snowflake, SQL, DBT for analysis
- Our team supports stakeholders from client strategy, product management, sales, marketing, finance, engineering, designers and the leadership team
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
• The standard base salary range for this position is $137,000 - $230,000 annually
• This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.