Sales Engineer, Email
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Attentive® is the leader in conversational commerce, reinventing business to consumer communication. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 8,000 leading brands like CB2, Urban Outfitters, Crocs, Jack in the Box, and Coach rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our team and play a critical role in delivering Attentive’s email product offering to our existing clients. You will work to understand and assess/scope customer requirements, prepare and present personalized demos of our technologies, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. Serving as a trusted technical advisor and email domain expert, you will act as the first line around all security and compliance inquiries for our prospects and clients in a complex space.
As the second Sales Engineer joining our email team, you will play a crucial role in shaping our sales strategy, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and acting as a domain expert enabling our other teams. Your expertise will be instrumental in expanding our market reach and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Why Attentive needs you
- Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects and act as a technical leader for them
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to the sales team
- Share feedback on feature requirements, value proposition and competitive data to help grow and develop new product offerings
- Collaborate with internal product, sales, client strategy to provide the best customer experience
- Manage and drive RFP/Is and Security questionnaires
- At least 1.5 years as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field working with ESPs (or similar SaaS platforms)
- Able to clearly and concisely articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users (proactively connecting the dots for our prospects)
- You are good at observing trends in the market and easily decipher what’s working and what isn’t
- Comfortable learning new software (design, data management, internal tools)
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and have great prioritization and time management skills
- Interest in startups, software and entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with Looker, Salesforce.com, Jira, RFP software, Google suite, and Excel
- Familiarity and proficiency with APIs, SFTP, and DNS a plus
- Thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- Energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $98,400 - $123,000 annually
- This position is eligible for performance-based cash bonus or variable compensation
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.