Technical Support Associate
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy is a leader in the fraud prevention space and data orchestration platform. We help some of the most innovative banks and fastest growing fintech companies grow and scale operations by allowing them to find more good customers and onboard them without increasing the risk of fraud.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, and Best Place to Work by Built in NYC year after year.
Check out our investors and read more about us here.
About the Team
Alloy operates in a hybrid-work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our local employees onsite twice a week, and remote employees onsite once a quarter.
Why we’re hiring
We are seeking a Technical Support Associate candidate who possesses excellent communication, prioritization, and problem-solving skills. If you love to solve technical challenges in a lean and fast-moving environment, look no further!
What you’ll be doing
As the Technical Support Associate, you will assist with our day-to-day support operations. This is a highly investigative role focused on owning and resolving multi-channel client requests and inquiries, including virtual calls and tickets.
As the Technical Support Associate, you will:
- Triage, understand, and identify the client’s request(s) in a ticket.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a vast array of client tickets, ranging from non-technical to highly complex technical cases.
- Leverage multiple resources, including internal tools, and coalesce the information that is gleaned into an actionable solution for client requests.
- Efficiently manage your ticket queues to comply with SLA policy and meet personal targets (agent metrics).
- Recognize and escalate urgent issues, such as incidents, through appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to drive resolutions for client requests.
- Contribute to, and help maintain, a library of product documentation to facilitate ticket resolution.
- Become an expert on Alloy’s products and educate both technical and non-technical audiences through multi-channel client interactions.
- Schedule virtual calls, as requested, with clients to further troubleshoot an issue or to provide enablement on product features and functionality.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure client expectations and SLAs are met.
- Participate in quarterly company-wide and/or team-wide events (some travel is required).
Who we’re looking for
Alloy is looking for a results-driven individual passionate about innovative technologies in financial services.
- You have 2 or more years of experience in a client-facing role providing technical support for a SaaS product.
- You are familiar with and have used Zendesk as a Support ticketing tool.
- You are able to internalize technical concepts and educate both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have previous working knowledge and/or experience with RESTful APIs and third-party integrations.
- You have previous working knowledge in solving conditional logic problems containing multiple nested dependencies.
- You have an aptitude for solving technical challenges, particularly those where your excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- You take an empathetic and patient approach in delivering technical support.
- You possess outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with real-world experience explaining complex concepts in a straightforward, clear way to clients who may have limited knowledge of the topic.
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Available to work: Monday - Friday: 11am - 8pm EST or 3pm - 12am EST
- Availability for weekend and holiday on-call coverage on a rotating basis
- Experience in banking, fintech or a highly regulated industry is preferred
- CompTIA A+ or similar technical certification is the preferred
- Experience using troubleshooting tools such as OpenSearch and Postman
- Experience working within a fast-paced, 24x7, remotely-distributed hybrid organization.
- Experience with business communication tools such as Slack, Notion and Google tools
At Alloy, we strive to attract and retain talent with a total rewards program that is competitive with other organizations of our size and stage. We are committed to ensuring each new team member has what they need to be successful in their role with a balanced range of compensation, equity, perks, and benefits. We actively share our philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering openness and clarity. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency in order to promote equity and monitor the fairness of outcomes.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: Base pay $71k-$83k
Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with HSA (monthly employer contribution) and FSA options
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual employee compensation with immediate eligibility and vesting
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Home office stipend for new employees
- Health & wellness monthly stipend
- $1,000 learning & development annual stipend
- 5 free teletherapy sessions and Headspace membership
- Well-being benefits include access to Carrot, Cleo, OneMedical, Gympass, and more
Alloy’s Covid-19 Company Statement
Alloy does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which the company will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on-site for events, travel, and/or work in our New York City offices, those actions will be subject to any relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
At this time, Alloy is following compliance regulations with New York City’s Private Sector Mandate and offering religious and medical accommodations for all eligible employees and visitors.
How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.
Custom Application Questions (Standard across all jobs)
- Linkedin Profile?
- What are your Pronouns?
- Are you local to the greater New York City Area?
- Will you need an accommodation to interview and/or work with us?
Something looks off?