Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
1upHealth is powering the digital transformation of the healthcare industry with our industry leading platform. By making healthcare data easily accessible and computable, we are on a mission to improve the patient experience, improve the quality of care, and reduce the overall cost of care.
We’re looking for a bold Senior Software Engineer to join our newly formed Data Platform team. As a member of the Data Platform team, you’ll be working together to design and build the platform that will be the foundation of 1up’s next-generation products. You’ll partner with teams and functions across the company to create a secure, scalable, data-centric platform, based on open source technologies, that meets the needs of today’s market and is ready to take on the challenges of the future.
At 1up, we believe in building an open and collaborative environment, where every member of the team is able to bring their whole self to work. We celebrate diversity and consider the development of the members of our team to be a top priority. We take our mission to improve healthcare for everyone very seriously, and we’re proud to work at 1up. We think you will be, too.
- Help drive the technical vision of the Data Platform team
- Design and develop data systems that lay the foundation for the future of 1up
- Be a hands on contributor for a product that tells a compelling and complete story
- Participate in code discussions, reviews, and refactoring
- Collaborate with members across the organization to improve our products and services
- Advocate for engineering best practices
- Be a mentor and role model for team members
We are looking for people who have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building highly performant and scalable applications in a modern language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python, Typescript)
- 3+ years experience working with data technologies, such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Nifi, Apache Iceberg, Apache Airflow, Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Redshift, etc.
- 2+ years experience in a modern cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP)
- Expert understanding of securely designing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Ability to communicate clearly with various stakeholders of technical and non-technical backgrounds
You may also have
- Previous healthcare technology experience (e.g., HL7, FHIR)
- Container/Orchestration experience (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience working in a CI/CD environment