Head of IP Operations
Tradespace is an AI-powered IP Management Platform that is re-shaping the way organizations create, manage, and commercialize IP. Our software automates time-intensive tasks like disclosure review, prior art search, portfolio valuation, and evidence of use analysis so IP teams can build higher value IP portfolios that drive more value for the business. Tradespace is backed by top investors in Silicon Valley and New York, and has already empowered customers like BAE Systems, MIT, and the Department of Defense to generate over $100M in revenue from their IP.
As a founding member of our IP Operations team, you will work with current and prospective customers to ensure Tradespace’s capabilities are aligned with their unique requirements and processes. Your deep understanding of corporate IP organizations will enable you to quickly build deep relationships with customers and act as a trusted advisor throughout their journey with Tradespace. Furthermore, your ability to engage with our product team will enable you to translate customer pain points into Tradespace product requirements and help design and build products that are optimized for complex corporate IP teams. Working directly with the CEO and Product team, your main responsibilities will include:Responsibilities:
- Build deep relationships with Tradespace customers that increase utilization, drive retention, and generate insights to inform product roadmap
- Lead high-touch customer onboarding engagements for IPMS, Portfolio Intelligence, and IP Commercialization tools
- Work with Tradespace Product Team on requirements definition, design, and user experience for new features to help in-house IP teams improve efficiency and create higher-value IP portfolios
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco, California office with a hybrid work schedule: in office T/W/Th with the option to work from home M/Fr.Ideally you’d have:
- 7+ years of experience in IP consulting or in-house on an IP team.
- Robust understanding of processes and requirements related to disclosure review, patent analytics, portfolio management, IP valuation and licensing at large enterprises.
- Deep knowledge of patent management systems and docketing best practices.
- Driven; ready to enter a fast-paced startup; able to work well in unstructured environments with a strong sense of internal urgency.
- Extremely flexible with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
Compensation Range: $160,000 - $200,000 per year
The compensation range represents the minimum and maximum for this position based at our San Francisco headquarters. The compensation offered for this position will depend on numerous factors, including individual proficiency, anticipated performance, and the location of the selected candidate. Our compensation range is just one component of Tradespace’s total rewards package, which also includes equity awards (a new hire grant, along with opportunities for additional awards throughout your tenure), and a commitment to career growth and development.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Compensation Range: $160K - $200K