Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer (Canada)
mParticle is the leading independent customer data platform. We are focused on the infrastructure layer of a Company’s growth stack. Developers, engineers, product managers, and marketers choose mParticle to simplify the flow of customer data between systems and applications, breaking down data silos and improving customer experiences. We work with big players and small, fueling the customer success of brands like NBC Universal, Spotify, and Airbnb. We’re growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high-impact players as we scale and achieve our vision of being the world leader in this space. We care deeply about culture and
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team. As part of our Production Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the health, stability, and reliability of mParticle’s critical cloud infrastructure. You will collaborate with a dynamic group of professionals to drive initiatives aimed at improving the scalability, availability, and performance of our systems. The work you will be doing in these areas will directly impact customer success and experience. If you are a self-starter with a deep understanding of cloud engineering, systems/network administration, infrastructure-as-code, DevOps, and real-time event messaging architectures (queues, pub-sub), we want to hear from you!
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates.
What you'll be doing:
- As part of our Production Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the health, stability, and reliability of mParticle’s critical cloud infrastructure .
- You will collaborate with a dynamic group of professionals to drive initiatives aimed at improving the scalability, availability, and performance of our systems.
- The work you will be doing in these areas will directly impact customer success and experience. If you are a self-starter with a deep understanding of cloud engineering, systems/network administration, infrastructure-as-code, DevOps and real-time event messaging architectures (queues, pub-sub), we want to hear from you!
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience managing cloud infrastructure in production environments.
- In-depth knowledge of real-time event stream architectures, including publish-subscribe (pub-sub) and queuing systems (e.g., AWS SNS/SQS, Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar).
- Proven experience managing Kubernetes production environments at scale, incl. administration, deployment, scaling, and troubleshooting.
- Experience writing high-quality Terraform code and managing large-scale production infrastructure using Terraform.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, security principles, and best practices for cloud-based environments.
- Strong understanding of GitOps and DevOps best practices, including CI/CD, version control, containerization and infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Experience with Aerospike, ScyllaDB and/or Apache Pulsar is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- 100% company paid health care (medical, dental, vision) for employees enrolled in our baseline plan with affordable cost sharing options for your dependents. We make certain you’re protected, have the options you need for care, and that it’s affordable for all.
- If you’re enrolled in our high deductible plan, we fully cover your deductible through annual Health Savings Account contributions which are yours to keep. This is for both individuals and for those with dependents.
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days in a 100% remote environment.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Parental leave for maternity (12 paid weeks) and parental leave for the supporting parent (6 paid weeks) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family.
- Generous wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, pet insurance for our furry family members, and so much more!
- Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.