Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Meetic is the European leader in dating services operating across 21 countries.
As the source of more than 8 million couples, Meetic works to create the best user experience whether online, mobile or at the many events organized every week across Europe.
A company focusing on a human philosophy, supported by the strength of an international group, our teams develop products with a strong social impact.
In recent years, Meetic has placed people and sustainability at the center of its focus through concrete actions: such as a green IT approach (reduction of servers, web eco-design, zero plastic...), friendly work environment, emergency leaves, WFH policy, work-life balance etc…
Take a look at our page: https://www.meetic-europe.com/
Meetic relies heavily on data to pilot and develop its activities. A truly data-driven company, data is our daily compass in our decision-making.
The Data Science team is at the crossroads of the company's key issues and takes maximum advantage of all the information contained in our data. It is part of the Meetic Data Hub made up of all data stakeholders (Data Science, ML/Data Engineer, DBA, BI).
Our vast data ecosystem allows us to intervene in all business areas: recommendation of profiles for our users, pricing and optimization of business models, optimization of our subscription and “à la carte” offers, customer knowledge and experience, fight against bad behavior, marketing analytics and acquisition, image processing, … and more!
Technical environment : Google Vertex AI, Big Query, Elastic Search Scala, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PowerBI, AWS…
We are looking for creative and passionate personalities who enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment.
- Explore, design and build AI prototypes capable of significantly changing our users' experience.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to create ML solutions, test new algorithms, provide feedback on their performance, accuracy and scalability, and also suggest alternatives.
- Produce optimized, efficient, scalable, testable, maintainable and observable code.
- Design and implement pipelines that ingest large amounts of data in real time to feed models and generate accurate results.
- Manage ML model lifecycles, including versioning, training, retraining, deployment and monitoring.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operation of algorithms, code and models in production and monitor models in production to ensure they are working and report any anomalies.
- Algorithm optimization:
- Participate in the development and implementation of recommendation and monetization algorithms...
- Design, develop and implement the data pipelines necessary to implement the predictive models.
- Testing and evaluation:
- Evaluate model performance using appropriate metrics.
- Perform and track the performance of A/B tests to validate new features and improvements.
- Work in an international and multi-brand context with teams in Europe, Canada and the USA.
- Participate in the ML/AI center of excellence to improve the customer experience and take advantage of generative AI for all the group's brands.
- Work closely with product squads and Growth teams to understand and meet their needs.
- Work with data engineers to ensure the quality of our data and the production of our models.
- Evangelize a data-driven culture in a highly collaborative environment. We want you to share your expertise!
- Technology culture:
- Stay up to date with advances in machine learning and data analytics to apply best practices to our business.
Qualifications - mandatory:
- With a 5-year degree (Engineering, software or mathematics), you have at least 5 years' experience in a similar position.
- You like to discover scientific methods and challenge those in place. You keep in mind the purpose of your work: Improve the performance of our dating application!
- Hard Skills:
- Full operational competencies in Python, Scala, Spark, SQL languages
- Full operational competencies in data bases Elasticsearch, Postgresql, Oracle, SQL Server
- Full operational competencies in tools of GCP's machine learning (Vertex AI , Big Query ..)
- Full operational competencies in Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques
- Soft Skills:
- You are comfortable communicating in English during meetings and day-to-day activities
- Excellent capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Rigorous scientific approach
- Team spirit and proactivity
- Curiosity and ability to learn
Qualifications - Nice to have:
- Knowledge of TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Full operational competencies in Qlikview/Tableau or other BI tools
What we offer:
Operate in an international and multicultural environment
A gorgeous working environment in the heart of Paris, spacious and modern office, rooftop, close to transport and amenities
Many quality moments of sharing: office activities, summer party, team buildings
Competitive package in line with the market
Enjoy work-life balance
Edenred lunch voucher
Classpass gym discounts
Premium healthcare coverage with WTW
Use our products free of charge
Learn through e-learning, conferences, Meetups and sharing sessions
Agile, collaborative, stimulating and dynamic work environment
Microservice architecture in constant evolution
Tech Culture: crafts, autonomy and knowledge sharing
Express your creativity by participating in our hackathons
Work for a product with a high societal impact
A first conversation on the phone with Vincent (Talent Acquisition Specialist) (~45 min zoom)
A meeting with Sihem (Engineering Manager Data) (your future manager) and Jean-Marc (Engineer Director) (60 min onsite or zoom)
A technical meeting to evaluate your competencies (60 min zoom). This interview could be in full English.
A meeting with Belinda (People Manager) (60 min onsite or zoom)
Some part of interviews could be in English.
On your initial days, the HR Team and your team will make sure you start under excellent conditions.
Contract start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: 53 Rue de Châteaudun, Paris 75009
WFH Policy: Hybrid, between 2 and 3 days at the office per week required
Contract: CDI / Full Time
Meetic is an employer that respects equal opportunities and diversity.