People and Culture Manager (13 month contract)
People & HR
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We work hybrid at Plenty of Fish - IRL in our downtown Vancouver office Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and work remotely the remainder of the week!
We have a unique opportunity for a People and Culture Manager on a 13 month term maternity leave cover. We are looking for a hands-on People and Culture Manager with a no task is too small mindset. You will work closely with our Recruitment and Workplace Experience teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work with amazing people within a fantastic culture. Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, the People and Culture Manager will oversee and deliver on all areas of human resources within Plenty of Fish, and manage the People and Culture Generalist.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you.
This role has a tentative start date of Feb 5, 2024
So, what will you do?
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the People and Culture function with support from the People and Culture Generalist
- Partner with the Director of People & Culture to analyze and advise on People and Culture trends, assess fit with our culture and values
- Coach, guide and support our employees and managers
- Conduct pulse checks with employees and managers to stay up to date with employee sentiments and identify areas on how we can continue to best support our people in alignment with our business strategy
- Manage the annual performance review and mid-year check-in processes to ensure they are delivered promptly, and ensure guidance and support is provided to managers and employees to experience a seamless process
- Collaborate with the Recruitment and Workplace Experience team to support initiatives designed to elevate our employee experience
- Update and improve existing policies and practices while also optimizing the use of our HR systems such as Workday
- Coach and mentor our People & Culture Generalist and collaborate with Match Group People Teams and Centres of Excellence to ensure consistency and alignment in Match Group wide initiatives
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- You have 5+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with deep experience at the Business Partner (or equivalent) level. Tech experience is an asset
- You’re a self-motivated individual who is passionate about all things People & Culture
- You can work strategically and hands-on as required
- Proven ability and confidence in presenting to groups and facilitating training sessions
- You’re a connector and relationship builder. You have excellent listening and communication skills and the ability to coach, influence, build trust and partner with various levels within the organization
- You are autonomous in your ability to organize and structure your work, you have excellent prioritization and project management skills
- You’re up to date on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law, as well as Canadian immigration
- Experience with Workday is an asset
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2023!
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.