Senior Application Security Engineer (Remote)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Application Security Engineer to help us ensure the highest standard of security for Match Group brands and our members across the world. You will lead collaborations across various brands within the portfolio such as Tinder, Hinge, and Plenty of Fish to develop, design and execute security priorities that directly impact all our user-facing platforms.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
This role is remote and open to candidates within the United States.
What you'll do:
- Design and lead the implementation of SDLC practices including code reviews, static/dynamic code analysis and vulnerability assessments
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Application Security, providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams throughout the Match Group portfolio
- Lead research into suspected application vulnerabilities
- Maintain awareness of known vulnerabilities in application technologies used within Match Group
What you'll need:
- Prior experience securing large-scale web/mobile applications, including performing security code reviews, vulnerability assessments, and manual testing for logic flaws
- Familiarity with dynamic and static application security tools
- Experience performing thorough threat modeling of web applications
- The ability to effectively partner and communicate with Engineering and Product teams
- The ability to quickly adapt and context switch between different environments that are using a variety of tech stacks
- 3 or more years application security and/or development experience
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.