New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
We are looking for a Marketing Narrative/Writing Director with a big heart and a small ego, who lives and breathes narrative, to join Hinge’s brand team.
You should have a passion for creating inspiring, clear, and contemporary work that lives at the center of culture. We’re looking for someone who others describe as a thought provoking leader that is not afraid to flip the paradigms of marketing & communications. You’ll refine Hinge’s narrative world and voice principles, while also leading narrative excellence across all Hinge Marketing touchpoints as we expand globally.
If you’re a wordsmithing self-starter who likes to challenge the status quo, this one’s for you. This role will report to the Executive Creative Director.
What You'll Do
- Own the craft of the written and spoken word of Hinge and culture at large.
- Turn marketing goals into inspiring narratives and strategic creative that result in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the brand.
- Craft narratives that are authentic, courageous, empathetic while being action-inspiring for Hinge Design, internal/ external agency partners, and beyond.
- A key owner in developing Hinge’s overall brand TOV and maintaining throughout all offline and online copy touchpoints: notifications, app-store updates, prompts, etc.
- Develop new TOV standards for new brand dimensions; editorial, social impact, podcasting, creator, etc.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with designers, strategists, brand managers, creatives and project managers.
- Experiment and test messaging that embraces growth marketing to maximize getting people on more great dates.
- Keep up to date on the latest product innovations to seek opportunities for collaboration and communication improvement.
- Represent the Hinge brand in talent and agency briefings.
- Take us into the future by introducing AI tools, where/ when it's right.
- Consistently deliver world class craft.
- Have deep experience writing in a multitude of mediums. From pithy to prescriptive, you will influence everything from product way-finding to big, brand narratives.
- Approach every project with 100%. No project is underneath you.
- Have an empathetic and contemporary appreciation of dating culture.
- Possess a strong curiosity, ability to deal with ambiguity, work autonomously and a preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Are a kind, well intentioned, and a collaborative team player.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of world-class consumer brand marketing experience with a proven track record of growing lifestyle brands.
- Experience working at hyper-growth, fast-paced organizations. App experience preferred.
- Skill in engaging with talent and being a steward of the brand.
- Interest in the shape of the AI future.
- A fearless optimist that is eager to take calculated risks.
- Experience in writing design/ art direction guidance.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.