Senior Engineering Manager, Artificial Intelligence Platform
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
Hinge is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Platform team. The AI Platform team owns the infrastructure and tooling that powers our AI and Machine Learning (ML) applications and enables our Data Scientists and ML Engineers to efficiently build, test, and deploy models. This will be a highly impactful role in advancing Hinge’s ML and AI capabilities.
- Manage, hire, and coach a high-functioning team of engineers.
- Establish and drive the execution of an AI Platform roadmap that supports company objectives.
- Collaborate closely with ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to understand their needs and identify opportunities to accelerate the AI/ML development and deployment process.
- Partner with other Engineering disciplines to integrate the AI/ML workflow into Hinge’s stack. Define best practices and processes to support efficient team operations.
- Engage in hands-on work and software delivery while building out the team.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience as an ML, backend, data, or platform engineer, 4+ years of experience in ML/AI, 2+ years of management experience.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python, Java, or Go.
- Expertise in infrastructure and operations for machine learning, from training to serving to monitoring and observability.
- Comfort with cloud native infrastructure.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience in aligning platform strategy with product and business objectives.
- Passion for developing and coaching direct reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Nice to have: Previous experience with AWS, Argo, Kafka, Kubenetes
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.