UX Researcher II, Interaction
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Hinge is hiring a User Experience Researcher to improve user experiences and drive product excellence on the Core Experience Interaction team. The Interaction team tackles the challenge of empowering daters to have meaningful conversations with their matches to build confidence in who to date. In this role, you will leverage quantitative and qualitative research methods to improve and innovate around the messaging experience to help users go on great dates.
You will report to and work collaboratively with the Research Manager for Core Experience. Research at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of 8 researchers and research operations, and work closely with Design, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to execute and communicate research findings to inform internal stakeholders about the user experience. You will be empowered to lead multiple end-to-end research projects that utilize a range of methods and span different phases of product development with the support and mentorship of the broader research team.
Working here, your research will have tangible impacts for daters across the globe.
- Lead research projects aimed at understanding and improving the experience for users after they match on Hinge, including how users build connections with each other through messaging within the app.
- Employ quantitative and qualitative methods including usability testing for design explorations, developing surveys, and analyzing user feedback.
- Work collaboratively with other researchers, product team members (i.e., product managers and designers) and cross-functional partners (i.e., data science, customer experience) to identify key research questions and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Generate actionable insights and communicate them in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through written reports and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
Within three months we expect you to:
- Lead user research on a feature and communicate key actionable insights and recommendations for product and design explorations that can improve the user experience on Hinge.
- Iterate and advance a research roadmap for the Interaction team, identifying key opportunities for research initiatives.
- Passionate and curious about how user research can be leveraged to improve how users find and maintain romantic connections.3+ years of user research experience in a consumer-facing product research role.
- Mixed method research experience including quantitative (e.g., survey, experimental) and qualitative (e.g., interviews, usability testing) methods.
- Strong communicator, committed to telling clear and compelling stories with data.
- Dedicated to building successful partnerships with stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Eager to learn from and collaborate with other researchers.
What is not Required:
- You do not have to have a degree to apply, we are open to equivalent practical experiences.
- You do not have to be an expert in all user experience research methods to apply. Expertise in specific quantitative (i.e., survey, experimental) and/or qualitative (i.e., interview, ethnographic) methods, desire to solve complex problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.
The salary range for this position is $128,000 - $154,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Hinge
Something looks off?